søndag, juni 22, 2008

End of tour the Brazil


I am now back in Rio de Janeiro, after traveling Brazil and visiting Tais, Mateus, Rafaela and Leonardo the last two weeks. It has been interesting weeks, and I am really glad that I decided to take the trips to their places and to meet them in their “real life” outside Hald. I feel that I know them better now, and of course that I can understand more about the culture that they come from.


One thing that I have really have learned is that Brazil does not just have one culture, and it is no easy to defined or see how is a Brazilian or not. I think it is interesting to have gotten the chance to see some of the variety inside the Brazilian culture.
One thing that at least is the same culture at the places I have been is that people have been so nice, open their homes for me and taken care of me. I feel I have a lot to learn when it comes to being such a good host when people come to visit.

I spent the last days in Leo in Porto Alegre. I had a good stay with him, meet his friends, his godparents and saw him in action at his work. I was also so lucky that I got to meet his girlfriend and her family. They are going to get married at 1 of November, and I am sure that they will be a lovely couple in the church that day. And it would be so fun if I could be there with them, I am not sure I will be able to come, but we never know what the future brings. So we can at least have hope;)

I have now four more days in Brazil, so I am going to spend with my father and his girlfriend Angela, and here family in Rio. Hopfully also see some of the famouse places here.

10 kommentarer:

Marte sa...

Hei Kay!

Såååå heldig du e! Så utroli kjekt ut alt sammen! E gleda me til e skal på tur tilbake til Brasil.... en gang... sukk!

Gleda me til å se d igjen:) Kos d maks dei siste dagane, å legg ut bilde av han far og frøken Rio!

Stor klem:D

Per Oddvin Stornes sa...

Du e heldig ja! Høres ut som du he fått full pott på turen:)
Kos dej dei siste dagane! Blir kjekt å sjå dej atte.

Rafaela Fernanda Schroeder Speckhann sa...

aha!
nice that u have had a good time with Leo! He has shroter hair now, ahn????

Have a nice trip backhome... and come back anytime!

Stine sa...

ååh, Leo, I miss u so much!!!! Hehe..ser ut som du he hatt nokken opplevelsesrike vike, og ej kjenne ej bli skikkelig misunnelig her ej sete! Leo ser like blid ut som alltid og m kortere hår:p Og dei andre også ser blide ut forsåvidt, men d ekje so rart når dei fær så fint besøk heilt fra Norge:D

Kos dej maks dei siste dagene dine i Rio:)

Klem

Anonym sa...

Hai Kay!
Så gøy!!! So much fun watching your photos! I want to go to Brazil as well!
Elise

Unknown sa...

Yess, mister kay! Kult at du har fått med dæ så mange besøk der borte! Brasil e jo et herlig land, så du som e så heldig å være der, må bare nyte den siste tida! Håpe vi sjåast i sommar!

Aina Marie sa...

Det er helt merkelig å se biler:-)

Skikkelig bra at du har fått besøkt så mange. Utrolig.

Håper de siste dagene blir/ble bra også. Og så håper jeg ikke du får noe kultursjokk når du komemr hjem:-)

Varm sommerklem fra Aina Marie

taisotsubo sa...

Hey Kay!
Nice to hear your impressions about Brazil! Hope you will manage to come again, maybe for Leo´s wedding! =)
It was really nice to meet you again! =)

taisotsubo sa...

Hey Kay!
Nice to hear your impressions about Brazil! Hope you will manage to come again, maybe for Leo´s wedding! =)
It was really nice to meet you again! =)

Leo C.K. sa...

hei.. I'm late but I also want to comment. Thanks for coming to Brasil, thanks for what you said about Yra and me. They were really happy to have you there. Send greetings to the people from Hald. Tell them they are all invited for our wedding (mine and Yra's, not mine and yours.. just to make sure). It would be sooo nice to see the people!
God bless you, Kay